Best Keyboards for Valorant – Top 5 Picks
Valorant is a skill-based multiplayer shooter that requires accurate aim, fast reactions, and a sharp mind to outsmart opponents. Most of the game controls are based on the keyboard. So, you need a suitable keyboard to match your gaming style. Otherwise, you can’t achieve your true gaming potential even if you do everything right. Therefore, in this article, I will provide a complete list of the top 5 best keyboards for Valorant.
Related: Best Low Profile Keyboards
- 1. Razer BlackWidow TE Chroma v2
- 2. Corsair K70 RGB MK.2
- 3. HyperX Alloy FPS Pro
- 4. ROCCAT Vulcan 100 AIMO
- 5. Logitech G213 Prodigy Gaming Keyboard
Our Top 3 Recommendations
Some people consider the keyboard as an afterthought component of their gaming setup. In reality, 20% of your gaming experience depends on the mouse and keyboard of your rig. Using an outdated keyboard with even the latest gaming system may get in the way of your gaming experience. It is because the best gaming keyboards have soft keys that further increase your reaction time.
When it comes to playing Valorant, fast reaction time is the key to success. It is because you greatly rely on your abilities to outsmart your enemy or set the traps. For instance, you constantly have to use the special abilities of Reyna to avoid getting surrounded by enemies. Similarly, you get less than 10 seconds to set traps before the match starts with Killjoy. This is especially vital when you are on the defending side. In short, Valorant is the name of a fast-paced shooter combined with special abilities to outrun and outsmart the enemy quickly.
The market is full of good-looking gaming keyboards that brag about precision and ease of use. However, the real test starts only after you purchase and test one for yourself. Most of the time, the aesthetically beautiful keyboards don’t perform as well due to delayed input times or hard keys. Therefore, it is best to choose a branded keyboard so that you can enjoy your gaming to the fullest.
Best Keyboards for Valorant – Summary
|Overall Best Keyboard for Valorant||Razer BlackWidow TE Chroma v2||SEE ON AMAZON|
|Best Keyboard for Pro Gamers||Corsair K70 RGB MK.2||SEE ON AMAZON|
|Best Keyboard with Programmable Keys||HyperX Alloy FPS Pro||SEE ON AMAZON|
|Best Mechanical Keyboard for Every Gaming Mode||ROCCAT Vulcan 100 AIMO||SEE ON AMAZON|
|Best Budget Keyboard for FPS Games||Logitech G213 Prodigy||SEE ON AMAZON|
Quick Shopping Tips!
Choosing a simple gadget like a keyboard can be very confusing, especially if you are not a tech-geek. Manufacturers boast all kinds of features in their products that are often irrelevant to your requirements. However, there are some factors that you should consider making the full out of your hard-earned money. Some of these features are:
Media control keys have been around for over a decade now. Even now, some brands don’t consider the importance of these keys and ignore them in the design. The media controls are very useful, especially when you enjoy listening to music while gaming or working. The media keys allow you to play/pause the song or even adjust the volume without switching the program.
Mechanical keys are the biggest reason why people prefer gaming mechanical keyboards over others. It increases the durability of the keyboard, suppresses the noise, and provides a satisfying click sound whenever you press a button.
The mechanism behind a mechanical key is known as a switch. This switch is responsible for decreasing the response time and silencing the key noise. Moreover, you don’t have to press a mechanical key as hard as other keyboards to get the job done.
Everyone enjoys eating or drinking during work and gaming sessions. However, there is a great chance that your hand slips and you spill some on the keyboard. 70% of the time, the fluid penetrates the keyboard structure and causes short circuits.
Therefore, you need a spill-resistant keyboard to protect your gadgets from water and dust damage. The spill-resistant technology prevents any water leakage into the keyboard, and the dust resistance keeps your keyboard neat all the time.
Macro are programmable keys usually present in all mechanical keyboards. The main function of these special buttons is that they have no function. In other words, you can assign complex key combinations to a single macro key. It places all the buttons within your reach whether you are playing Valorant or working.
Different brands use different names and technologies for the programmable keys. For example, HyperX provides programmable capabilities for the whole keyboard.
Keyboards for Valorant At a Glace:
- Razer BlackWidow TE Chroma v2
- Corsair K70 RGB MK.2
- HyperX Alloy FPS Pro
- ROCCAT Vulcan 100 AIMO
- Logitech G213 Prodigy
Best Keyboards for Valorant Reviews
1. Razer BlackWidow TE Chroma v2
Overall Best Keyboard for Valorant
REASONS TO BUY Razer BlackWidow TE Chroma v2
✓ Mechanical Keyboard
✓ USB 3.0 Connection
✓ Magnetic Palm Rest
✓ Razer Synapse Compatible
✓ Silent Key Press
REASONS TO AVOID Razer BlackWidow TE Chroma v2
✗ The Painted Symbols Make it Difficult to Find the Right Key When Gaming in a Dark Environment
- The #1 Best-Selling Gaming Peripherals Manufacturer in the US: Source – The NPD Group, Inc. U.S. Retail Tracking Service, Keyboards, Mice, PC Headset/Pc Microphone, Gaming Designed, based on dollar sales, 2017-2021
- Quickest Mechanical Switch for Gaming: Razer Yellow switch technology beats competitor, legacy “speed” keys in the actuation distance by up to 20%, requiring 45 G of force; ideal for fast-paced gaming requiring quiet, high-speed key presses
- Tournament-Ready Design: A tenkeyless design with a detachable USB cable provides a portable form-factor for on-the-go gamers
- Ultimate Personalization & Gaming Immersion with Razer Chroma: Fully syncs with popular games, Razer hardware, Philips Hue, and gear from 30+ partners; supports 16.8 million colors on individually backlit keys
- Fully Programmable Macro Support: Razer Hypershift allows for all keys and keypress combinations be remapped to execute complex commands
Razer has earned its share of the gaming market through high-quality accessories. Even if you are just getting started in the gaming world, you will find yourself longing for one of Razer’s gaming products in your setup. Razer BlackWidow TE Chroma v2 is the perfect mechanical gaming keyboard for all gaming formats. However, it is not preferably the best keyboard for work/game sessions. Still, several streamers have been spotted using this product for its convenient design and affordable price.
The V1 of the keyboard was criticized as the best keyboard without ten-key linear switches and dedicated macro keys. However, Razer improvised with their second version of the product. This keyboard includes both the lacking features along with several other improvements. For instance, it is a linear and silent keyboard that doesn’t disturb others when you are gaming during the night. So, you won’t be getting any complaints from the neighbors to keep it down.
The dedicated macro keys are programmable. It means that you can assign a single key or a key combination to perform complex tasks. For instance, when playing on Jett, the smoke and hyper-jump is the most dangerous tactic in the whole game. However, it requires you to press two keys that may take some time. Fortunately, you can assign a single macro key to get the job done with a single keypress.
The only problem that I find with this keyboard is the placement of the RGBs. The key symbols are painted green rather than the whole button. So, I faced some difficulties finding the right key when playing in a dark room. However, the situation improved as I got to the key placement over time. Other than that, the 16.8 million light options make this one of the most elegant keyboards that I have ever had.
2. Corsair K70 RGB MK.2
Best Keyboard for Pro Gamers
REASONS TO BUY Corsair K70 RGB MK.2
✓ 8MB Memory
✓ Full-sized Keyboard
✓ RGB Backlit
✓ Aluminum Material
✓ Cherry MX Switches
✓ Calculated Key Spacing
REASONS TO AVOID Corsair K70 RGB MK.2
✗ Relatively Expensive than Other Products
- Aircraft grade anodized brushed aluminum frame, built to withstand a lifetime of gaming
- 8MB profile storage with hardware macro and lighting playback allow access to up to three stored profiles on the go, independent of external software
- Per key dynamic multi color RGB back lighting offers near unlimited color customization and control
- 100 percent Cherry MX mechanical key switches provide the reliability and accuracy you demand
- USB pass through port provides convenient access to an additional USB port for your mouse or headset; HID Keyboard Report Rate:1000 Hz
Corsair has been in the competition for several years. Initially, they only focused on gaming hardware like Rams, but they improvised by setting foot in the accessories market as well. It is a well-known fact that no one can beat the innovations of Corsair, especially in their premium products. The only problem is that Corsair accessories cost a few more bucks as compared to other brands, but the innovative features make it worth every penny. Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 is the latest product that won’t be a hurdle in your perfect gaming experience.
What good is a keyboard if you can’t even find the arrow keys in the dark? Razer Blackwidow te chroma V2 is a good keyboard but with one flaw; the key switches are not as visible. Fortunately, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 fixed this problem by providing sharp texts on your keyboard. Moreover, the bright RGB colors almost make this keyboard feel like it’s a glow-in-the-dark board.
It is not every day that you buy a new keyboard for the system, i.e., keyboards are supposed to be permanent equipment that you can use with several gaming stations. However, the low-quality materials of other keyboards make it seem like a disposable piece of equipment. Fortunately, the **Corsair K70 **isn’t one of those products. The aluminum build makes it one of the most durable keyboards in the market.
Secondly, size matters when you plan to spend hours over the keyboard. The bigger the keyboard, the less likely it is for you to press the wrong key even without looking. So, the Corsair K70 RGB MK is a full-sized keyboard with optimum key placement to ensure that you press the right button every time.
Furthermore, the Cherry MX red switches provide the same feature as the programmable macro keys of Razer. You can assign your desired multiple keys combination to a single key to enhance your gameplay.
Moreover, the grey-colored MX switches are like a blank slate. So, you don’t have to remember every key as you can mark it with a permanent marker.
3. HyperX Alloy FPS Pro
Best Keyboard with Programmable Keys
REASONS TO BUY HyperX Alloy FPS Pro
✓ Ten-Keyless Design for Gaming
✓ RGB Backlit
✓ Affordable Price
✓ Programmable Keyboard
✓ Silver Speed Switches
✓ USB Passthrough Output Port
REASONS TO AVOID HyperX Alloy FPS Pro
✗ It doesn’t Come with Dedicated Macro Keys
✗ You Don’t Get a Wrist Rest with the Keyboard
- Ultra-minimalistic ten keyless design ideal for FPS pros
- Solid steel frame provides durability and stability
- Cherry MX mechanical keys for reliability
- Portable design with detachable cable. Not intended for use on PS4 or other gaming consoles. To adjust volume – Move keyboard to multiple USB ports to isolate possible host computer connectivity issues. Reset keyboard by pressing and holding FN and ESC keys for 3 seconds until keyboard backlight blinks
- Game mode, 100% anti-ghosting and full n-key rollover functionalities
HyperX is the second name of unmatched performance at an affordable price. So, when you can’t find the right word, just say HyperX, and the others will get what you mean. HyperX Alloy FPS Pro is one of the few recommended keyboards for work + gaming experience. The elegant design and the satisfying mechanical tactile switches make you keep wanting to press more keys all the time. So, if you spend several hours on the keyboard, I highly recommend that you check out this keyboard.
HyperX Allow FPS PRO is a good keyboard if you are one of those creative gamers. The problem with other keyboards is that they don’t provide as much room for creativity as you desire. For instance, the number of programmable keys is very limited on the Crossair keyboards. However, HyperX took things a step further by allowing you to customize every button you can find. This feature, along with the innovative keyboard design, makes it the best among all quality keyboards.
I have a bad news and a good news, just like the Irish joke. The bad news is that you don’t get separate programmable macro keys with this keyboard. The good news is that all the keys are programmable from the HyperX keyboard assistant. So, you don’t have to drag your hand across the keyboard just to press the enter key. My suggestion is that you reassign the “~” to function as the Enter button for your convenience; you don’t use it anyways.
Secondly, the compact design places every key within your reach. Sometimes, you don’t even have to pick your hand just to press a button on the other end of the board. Similarly, the sturdy build quality makes this keyboard suitable for several years of functionality. The gaming PCs may come and go, but your HyperX keyboard is permanent and the companion for every system.
Lastly, you get two USB ports with this keyboard. One input port is to attach the connection USB cable for the keyboard. This ensures that you don’t need to replace the keyboard in case the USB cable is damaged. So, it further increases the lifespan of the HyperX keyboard. Moreover, the second port is there to function as a USB passthrough port. You can even charge other devices at 2A-5V while you conquer all the maps of Valorant.
4. ROCCAT Vulcan 100 AIMO
Best Mechanical Keyboard for Every Gaming Mode
REASONS TO BUY ROCCAT Vulcan 100
✓ Dust and Waterproof
✓ Titan Switches
✓ AIMO Backlit
✓ Silent Keypress
✓ Switch Bounce Technology
REASONS TO AVOID ROCCAT Vulcan 100
✗ It Doesn’t Come with a Detachable Palm Rest
- Technology – Switch bounce is reduced thanks to premium components, allowing the firmware to recognize input faster; tactile 1.8 millimeter actuation point balances speed with responsiveness
- Durability – A sturdy anodized aluminum top plate provides robustness while reinforced key switches give a solid feel to each keystroke and are designed to resist dust build-up
- Illumination – Powered by the AIMO intelligent lighting system, long-life LEDs coupled with transparent key switch housing Display bright, vivid per-key illumination in 16.8M colors
- Media keys – mixer-style media keys and wheel with integrated leds add a level of sophisticated function that provide you with quick and Easy access to comillimeteron Audio and video settings – for rapid control on the fly
According to research, the keyboard is the sole victim of gaming frustrations. So, you need a durable keyboard to withstand all your anger and frustration after losing one round. ROCCAT Vulcan 100 is one such gaming keyboard for the job. Its versatile steel framework makes it highly durable and resistant to impact damage at an affordable price. So, if you are looking for a durable gaming keyboard at an affordable price, I suggest you check this one out.
The mechanical switches make playing games even more fun. However, even the top brands like HyperX failed to provide the level of satisfaction that users desired. On the contrary, ROCCAT Vulcan 100 took things a step further with the improved mechanics of their keyboard. Some users even said that the keyboard is like a magnet that forces them to play games for a longer duration because it is so satisfying.
Honestly, I think that ROCCAT Vulcan 100 has the most satisfying keypress feel in all the products. The switch bounce technology brings back the button within a fraction of a second, ready to be pressed again. Moreover, the low tactility value ensures that you don’t have to bang hard on the keys for proper functionality. However, it doesn’t take away the satisfaction of a mechanical keyboard. So, you can jump on the Enter button after every line without any problems.
The mesh design of the keyboard is yet another innovative feature. It prevents moisture from being trapped inside the keyboard. Similarly, the spill-proof technology prevents moisture from penetrating into the keyboard structure. In short, the Vulcan 100 is an all-in waterproof keyboard so spill as much as you like.
The AIMO technology RGBs are more accurate and sharper than any other in the world. It is because the high-quality waterproof LEDs make it a glow-in-the-dark keyboard. Moreover, you can choose from 16.8 million colors to choose the best color scheme for your setup
5. Logitech G213 Prodigy Gaming Keyboard
Best Budget Keyboard for FPS Games
REASONS TO BUY Logitech G213
✓ 16.8 million RGB Colors
✓ Palm Rest Design
✓ Full-sized Keyboard with Key Accessibility
✓ Multimedia Controls
✓ Detachable USB Cable
✓ Fast Response Time
REASONS TO AVOID Logitech G213
✗ The Keyboard is Slightly on the Compact Form Factor Side
- Based on independent aggregated sales data (FEB ‘19 – FEB’20) of Gaming Keyboard, Mice, and PC Headset in units from: US, CA, CN, JP, KR, TW, TH, ID, DE, FR, RU, UK, SE, TR
- Brilliant color spectrum illumination – personalize five individual lighting Zones from a spectrum of over 16. 8 million colors. Change colors to match your setup, specific games, or to showcase your favorite colors. Synchronize lighting effects with other Logitech G devices using Logitech gaming software. Low light leak around each keycap means less more light comes through the lettering – and less leaks around the keycaps. This helps make the illumination of each key more brilliant, making it easier to find your keys in the dark.
- Comfortable and durable – G213 Prodigy is a full-sized keyboard designed for gaming and productivity. The slim body is built for gamers of all levels, with a durable construction that repels liquids, crumbs and dirt for easy cleanup. An integrated Palm rest And adjustable feet Let you set your keyboard to the ideal position, so it’s comfortable to use even during the longest gaming sessions.
- Performance tuned with multi-key input – G213 brings together the best in tactile feel and performance with Keys built specifically for the way gamers play. Each key on the G213 is tuned to enhance the tactile experience, delivering ultra-quick, responsive feedback that is up to 4 times faster than standard keyboards. The anti-ghosting gaming Matrix is tuned for optimal gaming performance, keeping you in control when you press multiple gaming keys simultaneously.
- Dedicated media controls – Control your background track without switching out of your game. G213 features dedicated media controls that can be used to play, pause and mute music and videos instantly. Adjust the volume, or skip to the next song with the touch of a button.
Logitech is all about speed and accuracy in its products. For instance, Logitech mice have the highest Dpi, Logitech headsets provide real-time surround accuracy, and the Logitech keyboards have the fastest response time in the world. Similarly, the Logitech G213 keyboard provides up to 10ms faster response time than any other product on the list. So, if you are a fast-paced Valorant gamer, I suggest that you get one of these bad boys for your system.
Logitech G213 is the most premium keyboard that you can find at an affordable price. Its compact design, along with the innovative key spacing, makes it suitable for playing games. Moreover, you can even pair it with a wireless mouse to further boost your gaming performance. In my opinion, G213 is even better than HyperX and ROCCAT keyboards combined. One of the reasons is the premium wrist rest that you get with the product.
The main problem with full-sized keyboards is that you don’t have direct access to all the keys. For example, if you are playing a game that involves Enter button, you have to remove your hand to press it. However, the G213 is different from other keyboards in the market. With this keyboard, you get the accessibility of compact keyboards during the space of the large keyboard in one product. The extended design provides room for the premium magnetic wrist rest so that your wrists don’t get fatigued after long gaming sessions.
Secondly, the Romer-G mechanical switches make key pressing a whole new adventure. The feel is so satisfactory that you always want to press more and more. Similarly, the mechanical keys are silent yet responsive. So, the product is suitable for both work and gaming at the same time. The faster response time ensures that you are the first to react in any situation, and believe me, Valorant requires such response time all the time.
The keyboard is highly durable as the framework is reinforced with steel, and the keys are protected with design improvements. So, you can take out your frustration on the keys after any failure, and the keyboard won’t mind. Furthermore, the active LightSync RGB system can be customized from the Logitech support software. So, you can change the color to create a whole new vibe for the system.
The keyboard plays a crucial role in all multiplayer shooters or FPS games, especially Valorant. You have to timely press the button to activate a special ability in time. Therefore, having a suitable keyboard for gaming is a must-have for everyone. In this article, I have provided the top 5 best keyboards for Valorant.
If you want my recommendation, I’d say that the Logitech G213 has won the comparison with its premium feel and almost perfect features. Moreover, it is priced slightly lower than most other products on this list. So, if you are a fan of a gaming keyboard, I suggest that you check it out.
Related: Best Mouse for Valorant
What is the Switch in Gaming Keyboards?
The mechanism behind mechanical keyboards is known as the switch. Basically, the switch is responsible for durability, response time, noise suppression, and the satisfying keyboard click sound.
What is the Best Keyboard for Valorant?
I am a Valorant player myself; I use Razer BlackWidow TE Chroma v2 for my gaming sessions. It comes with a palm rest, programmable macro keys, and super soft key presses. Moreover, it is available at an affordable price as compared to other products in the market.
Are all Gaming Keyboards Waterproof?
No, not all keyboards have spill resistance technology. The spill resistance technology prevents any fluid from penetrating the keyboard, and the absorbed moisture gets dried quickly, so if you like to eat snacks while gaming, I suggest that you get a keyboard with spill resistance.
Last update on 2023-05-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API Gaming techies is supported by it's awesome community, using the amazon affiliate links on our website helps keeps the lights on! at no additional cost to you.