Best Thermal Paste for Ryzen Processors
Ryzen processors are most commonly known as AMD CPUs that run powerfully on the new 1331 pin AMD socket motherboards. These are one of the best processors that support all the heavy tasks, including the most illustrious games that you love to play often in a day. There is only one thing that can keep these processors from working efficiently; the overheating issue. Nevertheless, to prevent the issue from happening, you just have to treat your processors with the best thermal pastes for Ryzen processors that do their work most efficiently.
- 1. Metal Oxide
- 2. Corsair TM30 Performance Thermal Paste
- 3. ARCTIC MX-4
- 4. Noctua NT-H1
- 5. Arctic Silver 5 AS5
Our Top 3 Recommendations
Over-heating issues can make your processors run extremely slow that right irritate you in your way of enjoying your PC usage time. You apply these pastes on the center of the processor’s IHS before you ever install any cooling system in the device. This greatly reduces the overheating issues and turns your PC into a well-working condition once again.
Being so different than those of other processors like Intel and others, the paste which they need is also different. Considering this thing in mind, we have prepared a list of the best thermal compounds that suit perfectly well for all Ryzen processors, regardless of the model.
Best Thermal Paste for Ryzen Processors – Reviews
1. Metal Oxide
REASONS TO BUY Metal Oxide
✓ Easy to apply
✓ Powerful performance
REASONS TO AVOID Metal Oxide
✗ Not so easy to remove while reapplying
- THERMAL PASTE: Metal oxide-based compound works with a heat sink to improve heat dissipation from CPUs and GPUs – High thermal conductivity provides increased heat transfer to heat sink – 5 pack (SILV5-THERMAL-PASTE) also available
- THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY: Reliable performance in temperatures of -22F to 365F (-30C to 180C) with thermal conductivity of 3.07 W/m-K at 25 °C or greater – Ideal for servicing and maintaining desktop workstations and integrated chipsets with a heat sink
- RESEALABLE: This tube contains 1.5g of paste sufficient for 4-6 applications, in a re-sealable applicator syringe that prevents drying between use – Ideal for Technicians and IT Professionals performing maintenance or servicing
- SAFETY AND RELIABILITY: This thermal paste is CE and RoHs certified for guaranteed safety and reliability – The compound contains 50% metal oxide and offers better thermal conductivity than standard heat pastes – Best suited for CPUs with TDP of up to 65W
- THE IT Pro’s Choice: Designed and built for IT Professionals, this thermal paste is backed for 2 years, including free lifetime 24/5 multi-lingual technical assistance
The best work a great thermal paste does and is preferred using for is the regulation of heat transfer between the CPU and heatsinks. This function is helpful in making your device cooler and works smoother whenever you need it to. This is probably one of those main features, for which one paste is preferred over another.
When we talk about this thermal paste by StarTech, it is just amazing to know that just like any other great thermal paste, this one also contains a metal oxide compound that ensures the optimal heat transfer between the heatsink and the CPU.
The impressive thing about this paste is that it is perfectly easy to apply; it comes in an easy-to-apply releasable syringe applicator that is filled with 15g of the compound. You just have to press the rear of the syringe, and you will witness it spreading over the area where you want it to.
2. Corsair TM30 Performance Thermal Paste
REASONS TO BUY Corsair TM30 Performance
✓ Only a small amount is effective
✓ Easy to use
✓ Not messy
REASONS TO AVOID Corsair TM30 Performance
✗ Thick applicator tip
- Enthusiast CPU Thermal Compound: Premium Zinc Oxide based thermal compound for optimal thermal performance.
- Cools your CPU and GPU: Install new, or replace existing thermal compound on your CPU and GPU to improve heat transfer and lower temperatures.
- Improved CPU Cooling: Ultra-low thermal impedance lowers CPU temperatures vs common thermal paste.
- Installation Made Easy: An included application stencil and spreader take the guesswork out of applying XTM50 to your CPU cooler.
- Filling the Gap: XTM50’s low-viscosity allows it to easily fill microscopic abrasions and channels for peak thermal transfer.
Corsair is a brand known best for providing quality game gears and several other products for PC enthusiasts. For years it has earned a name of perfection and has never let its customers’ expectations down in any regard. TM30 thermal paste by Corsair is another premium-quality product that it introduces to ease the life of all gamers in the sense that it works amazingly.
This paste is made from a premium quality zinc oxide-based thermal compound that is famous for providing you optimal thermal performance. This performance helps you feel satisfied even better with the purchase of this thermal paste.
Next, the paste is popularly known for its improved CPU cooling capability. This ability is provided to it through its ultra-low impedance, which ensures to lower the CPU temperature as compared to several other common thermal pastes.
Moreover, not only dies this paste comes with premium-quality features, but it also comes with an easy-to-apply quality that saves both your time and energy. For this purpose, it comes with an application stencil and a spreader that carry on their work smoothly and quickly.
Another amazing thing about its applicability is that it comes in extremely low viscosity, which allows it to fill all the microscopic channels and abrasions to ensure peak thermal transfer. Also, the paste is extremely safer for you to apply; it is perfectly nonconductive and has zero volatile compounds. Thus, this paste keeps you and your system from any injury or damage, respectively.
Lastly, the best thing about this paste that will definitely make you think of giving it a try is its long service life. The paste is durable mainly because of its highly stable compound that is made to last for years without ever being dry, changing inconsistency, or even cracking.
3. ARCTIC MX-4
REASONS TO BUY ARCTIC MX-4
✓ Extremely durable
✓ Safe to apply
✓ Premium performance
REASONS TO AVOIDARCTIC MX-4
✗ Not suitable for over-clocking
- WELL PROVEN QUALITY: The design of our thermal paste packagings has changed several times, the formula of the composition has remained unchanged, so our MX pastes have stood for high quality
- EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE: ARCTIC MX-4 thermal paste is made of carbon microparticles, guaranteeing extremely high thermal conductivity. This ensures that heat from the CPU/GPU is dissipated quickly & efficiently
- SAFE APPLICATION: The MX-4 is metal-free and non-electrical conductive which eliminates any risks of causing short circuit, adding more protection to the CPU and VGA cards
- 100 % ORIGINAL THROUGH AUTHENTICITY CHECK: Through our Authenticity Check, it is possible to verify the authenticity of every single product
- EASY TO APPLY: With an ideal consistency, the MX-4 is very easy to use, even for beginners, Spatula incl.
Another most impressively performing thermal paste that anyone would love to buy to make their PC working at maintained temperature is this one by Arctic store. The store introduces this paste made with a well-proven high-quality compound that is extremely durable in its life and reliable in its performance.
It comes with a bunch of useful features, among which the most amazing one is its temperature reduction ability. This ability helps it to get a top place among the most renowned and best-performing pastes. It is mainly because of this ability that the paste is known as ideal for GPU and CPU cooling and, most importantly, for its application between heatsinks and power semiconductor components.
If you are worried about your safety that is mostly at stake while dealing and applying the thermal paste on the interior, the composition of this paste sets you free. It is a metal-free paste which makes it nonconductive also. These features set you free from any risk factors of causing the short circuits that might damage your system entirely and also keeps you from adding more protection to the VGA and CPU cards.
Additionally, this paste is extremely easy to apply. It comes with an ideal consistency that enables it to become an easy-to-use paste. Even beginner users can apply the paste most effectively without ever facing any trouble in the middle.
Lastly, the thing about this paste that makes most people love it and prefer to buy it for application on their systems is its perfect durability. When compared to other silicon and thermal metal compounds, this metal-free paste Arctic comes considering great importance to time; once applied, it will last at least eight years before you ever feel to apply it again.
4. Noctua NT-H1
REASONS TO BUY Noctua NT-H1
✓ Easy and safe to apply
✓ Excellent quality
REASONS TO AVOID Noctua NT-H1
✗ Lesser quantity
- Renowned premium-grade thermal compound for optimal heat-transfer from the CPU or GPU to the heatsink; more than 150 awards and recommendations
- Easy to apply (no need to spread before heatsink installation) and easy to clean with dry paper towel or tissue (no cleaning alcohol required)
- For air and liquid coolers (DIY/AiO), can significantly lower temperatures compared to stock pastes on AMD Ryzen and Intel Core CPUs, AMD Radeon and Nvidia GeForce GPUs, PS4/PS5, Xbox, laptops, etc.
- Trusted Noctua quality with excellent long-term stability: recommended storage time up to 3 years, recommended usage time on the CPU up to 5 years
- 3.5g pack for around 3-20 applications (depending on CPU size, e.g. ~3 applications for TR4, ~15 for AM4 or LGA1700, ~20 for LGA1200)
With a subtler and premium-grade quality performance, this thermal paste is an amazing product to buy to get optimal heat transfer between the heatsink and the CPU/ GPU. It has won more than 150 awards and recommendations so, in our suggestion, it is a must-try.
The paste is extremely easy to apply and doesn’t give you a tough time while you are dealing with the application process. There is simply no need to apply the paste before you install the heatsink. The removal process also doesn’t demand you alcohol cleansing as it is an easy-to-clean thing that you can remove simply with a tissue or a dry paper towel.
The next thing that you will definitely love about this paste is that it is purely safe to handle. It is non-electrically conductive and comes consisting of non-corroding thermal grease, which eliminates any risks of short-circuits to prevent your system from being damaged entirely. You can use it with all types of heatsinks, and there is no risk of injury at all.
It comes in almost 3.5g of packaging that makes enough compound for around 3-20 applications, depending purely upon the size of your CPU.
5. Arctic Silver 5 AS5
REASONS TO BUY Arctic Silver 5 AS5
✓ Easy to apply and remove
✓ Effective performance
REASONS TO AVOID Arctic Silver 5 AS5
✗ A bit of runny consistency
- 99.9% pure micronized silver
- Non-electrically conductive
- Will not separate, run, migrate or bleed
- Thermal conductance: >350 000W/m2 degreesC (0.001 inch layer)
- Easy to apply and remove
Here we end our list by mentioning another premium-quality thermal paste that you can apply easily and fearlessly to your Ryzen processors. It will increase its lifespan as well as enhance the performance in the longer run.
Among the bunch of most amazing features, the best one is it’s being 99.9% pure micronized silver compound that takes care of your system effectively. It is non-electrically conductive and hence keeps you and your device away from any injury or damage, respectively.
It is an easy-to-apply paste and doesn’t irritate you during the application process. Also, it is perfectly easy to remove, so you don’t have to worry much about you being the beginner user in this regard.
This is an amazing paste to buy if you want your device to support all your usage operations easily with greater speed and efficiency.
Ryzen processors are a bit different from those of Intel, and hence they need different thermal compounds that could make them efficient and even more working. These best thermal pastes for Ryzen processors that we have mentioned above in our list are perfect for applying on any Ryzen processor that you have, and you will definitely get amazing results.
Do Ryzen processors need thermal pastes?
Many Ryzen processors come with pre-applied thermal pastes under a protective plastic cover, but it is mostly one-time use. So, if you want your processor to perform efficiently for a longer period, then you definitely have to reapply the paste. Thermal paste will help your processor work even better for an extended period.
Which thermal paste is best for Ryzen processors?
There are many thermal compounds that are best to apply between the CPU and heatsink, among which some of the top-rated are mentioned above. However, being specific, consider buying a thermal paste that is non-electrically conductive, durable, and easy to apply.
Is removing pre-applied thermal paste a good idea?
Absolutely! Removing the pre-applied thermal paste is a great idea. The reason for this is that removing the pre-applied thermal paste is already dried up and is not very much effective. If you want to increase the effectiveness and the life span of your CPU, then changing the paste is the right option.
Last update on 2023-05-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIGaming techies is supported by it's awesome community, using the amazon affiliate links on our website helps keeps the lights on! at no additional cost to you.