Guide to Buying a Gaming Monitor – Complete Guide
If you are thinking of buying a gaming monitor or changing your existing one, you may find the options in the market vary to a great degree in terms of:
- Refresh rate
- Response time
- Panel type
What Should you Look for When Buying a Gaming Monitor? And are Current Market Prices Justified?
To find the best value for money gaming monitors, you have start by asking what is the one crucial feature that I need in a gaming monitor? After you narrow this down, choosing the right monitor shouldn’t be a hassle; if you are unsure this article will breakdown the most common USP unique selling point to gaming monitors and its benefits. At the end of this article you should have narrowed down the best fit for you.
Gaming screens are designed to provide a more complete gaming experience as intended by the developers. Many of us will not feel the difference until we try it, but the difference in performance, colors, or movement, differs significantly between a gaming screen and a regular screen.
In the event that you decide to purchase a gaming monitor, keep in mind the following features and, accordingly, choose the monitor that suits you.
Before anything else, the size of the screen must be determined in relation to your gaming setup. The size of the screen is the diagonal distance from corner to corner, and it is measured most of the time in inches. The ideal size of the screen depends mainly on its resolution and distance from the user.
Resolution by Screen Size
Most people see that the 1080p resolution is suitable for screens up to 25 inches, such as the Samsung hard screen; the 1440p resolution is suitable for 34-inch screens, such as the Asus curved screen; and the 4K resolution is suitable for 30 inches and above, but this does not mean that there are no 4K screens in a small size because the 4K format is relatively new. There is a group of people who consider screen size just a personal preference, and the greater your distance from the screen, the greater your need for a higher resolution.
Related: Best 43 Inch Monitors
Size by User Distance
For distances of 3 feet or less, 24-inch monitors are ideal. For 3 to 4 feet, 27-inch monitors perform nicely. If you want a bigger gaming monitor, 32-inch screens function best when seated roughly 5 feet away.
However something important to keep in mind, to get the best out of your gaming monitor, you need to make sure you have the right hardware to support it, this is why some monitors compatibility is linked directly to the dedicated VGA.
Check this article to check best compatible monitors with Nvidia 40 series.
Screen resolution is the feature that makes your games appear better. The higher the resolution of your screen, the more pixels it displays, and the higher the number of pixels, the better the image quality and clarity. resolution won’t benefit you competitively, nor will it directly improve your gameplay, but it certainly makes the game’s visuals and quality better. Screen size plays a role in choosing the resolution that suits you best. Most gamers play at 1080p resolution and higher, which would be an excellent choice for 24-inch screens.
This is one of the most important features of the game, and you hear about it a lot, but what does it mean?
The refresh rate is the number of times the image is displayed on the screen, and its unit of measurement is “Hz.” Simply put, the higher the refresh rate, the smoother the image, and this issue makes you feel that the game you are playing has a higher response. For example, if you have a screen with a refresh rate of 60 Hz, Like this screen from Samsung, it means that this screen gives you 60 images per second for the game you are playing, and when we talk about a screen with a refresh rate of 144 Hz or 240 Hz, it means that you see more images within one second, and this subject makes you see the movement in more detail, unlike the 60 Hz that is displayed on this screen.
Response time is a second term that you can hear a lot about when you are looking at gaming screens, and it is often confused with the refresh rate, but they are two completely different features.
Response time is the time it takes to move from one color to another and is measured in “ms.” This topic may not be important for those who use their devices for browsing, emails, and others, but it differs significantly in the game, and the reason is that every second in a game is important, so you must make sure your screen is ready to display everything clearly and quickly. If the response time on your screen is slow, you may notice images that may be disturbing to gamers due to the overlapping of colors with each other. The appropriate response time for gaming monitors is 5 milliseconds or less, and most modern gaming monitors have a response time of 1 millisecond.
The type of panel used in each screen varies. TN, VA, or IPS
TN screens are the fastest and cheapest, and the reason is that the picture quality is bad from the side angle. IPS screens have a slightly faster response and give the best colors among the rest of the second panels, such as the 24.5-inch Asus gaming screen, and VA screens have the best contrast among all three types of panels.
Related Article: The Difference Between VA vs TN vs IPS Monitors
Before I conclude this topic, there are many factors again that I mentioned, such as the curved or flat screen, the ratio of length to width, and the synchronization of the graphics card with the screen, and the reason is that these factors depend largely on personal preferences and what directly affects performance and quality image output.
Monitors – Best Seller
- 99% sRGB: With 99% sRGB, this monitor offers a wider color gamut than most conventional monitors, giving deeper colors and defining features.
- Multiple Ports: Two HDMI ports and one VGA port provide up to 75HZ refresh rate, refining picture clarity in all action-packed gaming sequences and graphic design projects. Audio In and a Headphone Jack provide diverse audio options.
- Built in Speakers: Perfectly suited to work & gaming settings, built-in speakers deliver robust & smooth audio while saving space on your desk.
- Blue Light Shift: Blue Light Shift reduces blue light, allowing you to comfortably work, watch, or play applications without straining your eyes.
- FPS-RTS Game Modes: FPS and RTS are Sceptre’s custom set display settings built for an enhanced gaming experience. FPS (First Person Shooter), RTS (Real-Time Strategy)
- 22″ contemporary sleek metallic profile
- Frameless bezel with thin chassis;Packaging Dimension (inches) : 22.04 x 14.57 x 4.21 inches
- HDMI, VGA build-in speakers. Dimensions With Stand (Inch, W x H x D) – 19.92 x 15.09 x 7.02, Without Stand (inch, W x H x D)- 19.92 x 11.92 x 1.45
- VESA wall mount ready. Security : Kensington Lock
- Fast response time 5ms.Brightness:250 cd/m2; Contrast Ratio: 1000 : 1
- CRISP CLARITY: This 22 inch class (21.45″ viewable) Philips V line monitor delivers crisp Full HD 1920×1080 visuals. Enjoy movies, shows and videos with remarkable detail
- INCREDIBLE CONTRAST: The VA panel produces brighter whites and deeper blacks. You get true-to-life images and more gradients with 16.7 million colors
- THE PERFECT VIEW: The 178/178 degree extra wide viewing angle prevents the shifting of colors when viewed from an offset angle, so you always get consistent colors
- WORK SEAMLESSLY: This sleek monitor is virtually bezel-free on three sides, so the screen looks even bigger for the viewer. This minimalistic design also allows for seamless multi-monitor setups that enhance your workflow and boost productivity
- A BETTER READING EXPERIENCE: For busy office workers, EasyRead mode provides a more paper-like experience for when viewing lengthy documents
- 21.5 inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen IPS display.Specific uses for product – Business, personal
- And Radeon free sync technology. No compatibility for VESA Mount
- Refresh rate: 75 hertz – Using HDMI port
- Zero-frame design; Ultra-thin; 4ms response time; IPS panel
- Ports: 1 x HDMI & 1 x VGA
Last update on 2023-07-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIGaming techies is supported by it's awesome community, using the amazon affiliate links on our website helps keeps the lights on! at no additional cost to you.