How to Clean a Gaming Mouse? Step by Step Guide
Complete Guide on How to Clean your Gaming Mouse:
You might have been playing games like MW2, Valorant, CSGO, Dota 2, League of Legends etc, for years and enjoying best ever gaming experience with your online friends, but have you ever thought what part a gaming mouse plays in enhancing this experience? Gaming mice (Best gaming mice for Valorant) can be taken as the backbone of the professional gaming experience, as they effectively increase your response time and let you be on the top of everyone in the game.
Related: Best Gaming Keyboard for Valorant
- Why Cleaning a Gaming Mouse is Important?
- Proper Way of Cleaning a Gaming Mouse
- How to Maintain your Gaming Mouse?
- Final Words
- Best Mouse pads – Best Sellers
However, this contribution entirely depends upon how you keep your gaming mouse. If you maintain well, you will get the performance you expect, and even beyond that. But, when your maintenance process lags, the performance of the mice is negatively affected.
So, what should you do to keep it working perfectly for an extended period of time? Well! There are many things that you can do, and among one of those is cleaning your gaming mouse regularly. This cleaning will not only enhance its performance but also adds to its greater life and durability.
Although the cleaning thing is effective provided that you do it well, now you might be thinking about what is the direct and most authentic process of cleaning a gaming mouse properly. Don’t worry, that’s why we are here with this article that will provide you with in-depth detail on how to clean a gaming mouse in a way that will help you enjoy your gaming even more.
Why Cleaning a Gaming Mouse is Important?
To have a complete gaming experience, a gaming mouse is necessary. Gaming is all about the quick and timely response, and to get it best-performing gaming techs is the key. To keep these techs always perfectly working, cleaning is important.
When you use them for daily gaming, there are greater chances that they get dusted and dirty, and if you do not clean them on time, this dirt gets to settle in the interior and malfunctions them. When these get malfunctioned, all our gaming gets ruined and your chances of being left out greatly increase.
So, to avoid this issue, it is important that you clean your gaming techs, especially the mouse. When you will clean it on a regular basis, it will not accumulate dirt into it and will provide you greater response time by increased clicks and movements. (Increase your movement by cleaning your keyboard)
After knowing the importance of properly cleaning your gaming mouse, you might want t know the detailed process of cleaning. So, without any further delay, let us move ahead in exploring it!
Proper Way of Cleaning a Gaming Mouse
Before moving ahead to explaining the proper way of cleaning a gaming mouse, let me first tell you what you will need for the process so that you might arrange them well before starting it. So, you will need the following things:
- Canned air
- Alcohol wipes/micro-fiber cloth
- Paper towel.
now let’s get to the steps that are involved in the cleaning process!
Step#1 Unplug your Mouse
The very first step that you have to follow is free your mouse from any type of connections. If you own a wired mouse, then unplug it from our PC and free it from all the wired connections. Besides, if you have a wireless mouse, then take out all the batteries present inside.
By doing this, you will be prevented from any types of electrical shocks and injuries.
Step#2 Use Microfiber cloth
After that, you make sure your mouse is disconnected from any external circuits or connections; the next step is of deep cleaning. Make sure that you clean all the crevices, cracks, curves and all other parts of the mouse.
For this, you need to have a microfiber cloth dipped in alcohol. You will use these to clean the cuts and curves of our mouse, and all the dirt will be removed easily and effectively.
If you are using microfiber cloth dipped in alcohol then have to make sure that this cloth is only damp enough and not dripping of alcohol, as it will eventually malfunction your mouse instead of making it efficiently working once again.
Step#3 Use Toothpick
there are many tiny nooks and crannies in the mouse that are needed to be scraped out. If not, this will severely affect its performance. So, by using a toothpick, scrape out any gunks that might be present in the interior.
However, while doing this, try to make sure that you don’t use a toothpick on the actual sensor as you will destroy it and it will destroy the working of your mouse entirely.
Step#4 Blow out Remaining Debris
After that, you have deeply cleansed your mouse; the next step is to make sure that all the remaining debris is extracted out.
For this you have to use canned air and blow it out that got loosened by the toothpick. The proper way of using this canned air is that you should use the can from right-side-up so that it should blow the air, not the liquid.
Step#5 Wipe and Disinfect Your Mouse
Now, the only last step left in this cleaning process is to wipe down your mouse to remove the remaining dirt or grease. But, in case of wired mice, we suggest you not to use it inside the battery compartment.
Along with being a great disinfectant, alcohol wipes don’t let the soap water or moisture that you use as a cleanser to drip into your mouse. This is a great advantage as the dripping of any moisture or soap residue inside the mouse can have some severe negative effects of the performance of your mouse.
Step#6 Assemble your Mouse
now that all the cleaning process is done, you can plug your mouse back to enjoy its performance. However, make sure that everything is dried well-enough before you plug it back.
This cleaning process is most effective in helping you maintain the performance of our mouse and also to keep it living long, strong and durable. Repeat the similar process one every week to keep your mouse healthy and your best gaming experience intact.
Cleaning is the best way to make your mouse working efficiently for a longer period, but by maintaining your mouse properly is another way to make it live long. Following are some things that we suggest you should do to properly maintain your mouse.
How to Maintain your Gaming Mouse?
Following are some steps that you can do to maintain your gaming mouse perfectly:
- Make sure that you have washed and dried your hands well before using your mouse after eating. the grease from your food often stays on your hand ad it causes grime to build up in various crevices and cracks of the mouse
- Do not drink or eat something near your mouse. This is because if anything is spilt off, it will definitely damage your equipment. So, make sure that that you keep your mouse from getting damaged and dirty by avoiding any such act.
- Make it a habit of wiping down your desk and mouse regularly. This will prevent the dirt build-up that happens over time.
If you want your gaming experience to be the best and make it long-lasting, the only thing you can do is well-maintenance and cleansing of our mouse. These two things will not only help you in exclusive gaming experience but will also prevent you from wasting your money on buying a new mouse every time**.**
Best Mouse pads – Best Sellers
- (Create Your Perfect Space) Turn a basic desk into a modern workspace or gaming station with our pink rgb mouse pad and Select from 7 static colors or a breathing mode to create the perfect atmosphere
- (Room for Your Accessories): Unlike a traditional gaming mat that’s small, ours easily accommodates any keyboard and mouse. The xl mousepad rgb measures 31.5” x 11.8” x .12″ which is plenty of room.
- (Improve Your Gameplay): Enjoy silky-smooth mouse movement and precision-like accuracy with our gaming desk pad. The anti-skid padding secures the led mouse pad in place and will never bunch up.
- Precise textured surface allows for smooth glide while enhancing the precision of optical mice at fast speeds
- Battery saving design extends battery life of wireless mice up to 50%*
- Larger 13” x 11” size for gaming has nearly 2X the surface area as the standard Precise Mouse Pad to reduce swiping off the edge of the pad
- BETTER THAN A SMALL MOUSE PAD: Measuring at 31.5” x 11.8” x .12” inch, the xl extended mouse pad accommodates both your keyboard and mouse with plenty of room to spare.
- TIRED OF INACCURATE MOUSE CONTROL AND MISCLICKS: Enjoy silky-smooth gameplay and precision like accuracy with the superfine low-friction fabric.
- CRUSH YOUR COMPETITION: The anti-skid textured rubber padding secures the extra-long mouse pad in place and won’t ever bunch up.
Why is it Important to Clean your Gaming Mouse?
Cleaning your gaming mouse will add to its long life, and most importantly, it will prevent a first and gunks from settling into the interior of your mouse. This, in turn, will increase its response time that definitely provides you with an edge to win over your opponents.
What Should I do to Clean a Gaming Mouse?
Using alcohol wipes or microfiber cloth dipped in alcohol is the best way to clean your gaming mice. However, before using them to clean your gaming mice, make sure that you have extracted out all the dust, dirt, and debris from the cracks and crevices of the mouse by unplugging it and using a toothpick.
How Can I Prevent my Mouse from Getting Dirty?
Preventing your gaming mouse from getting dirty is not at all difficult process. You just have to make sure that you don’t eat or drink near it, don’t use it with dirty hands and also make sure to clean it once every week regularly.
Last update on 2023-01-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIGaming techies is supported by it's awesome community, using the amazon affiliate links on our website helps keeps the lights on! at no additional cost to you.