Connect a Laptop to a Vizio Smart TV? Guide
How to Wirelessly Connect a Laptop to a Vizio Smart TV?
Do you know what’s better than your laptop’s 15-inch display? Your LED TV with a bigger screen, higher resolution, and better sound quality. Most gamers use their laptop for gaming, work, editing, and watching their favorite movies. In this regard, you can never have enough when it comes to the size of the display. However, buying a large HD display just for watching movies can be very expensive. Therefore, this article describes how you can connect your laptop to Vizio smart tv without any cables.
I have found multiple ways to connect your laptop to Vizio smart TV wirelessly. So let’s get started:
- Airplay method
- Wireless HDMI
- VIZIO – Best Sellers
Google Chromecast is a device that you plug into your TV’s HDMI port that needs to be powered by a USB cable.
You can use Chromecast to stream videos from services such as Netflix, HBO max, Twitch, Spotify, and many others. It is noteworthy that Vizio is the first smart TV to have the built-in feature of Google Chromecast in some models.
Before we get started on the step-by-step guide, it would be best to check a few things:
- Make sure you have the latest version of Google Chrome on your laptop.
- Confirm whether your smart tv has a built-in Chromecast or not.
- If not, then you need to buy a Chromecast device separately. The Google Chrome cast 3rd generation is the latest device available on Amazon.
- Plug the device into the HDMI port and connect the USB power cable.
- Finally, make sure that both the Chromecast and your laptop are connected to the same WIFI network.
- Now that you have fulfilled the preliminary requirements, let’s connect the laptop. Here’s how:
- Open your Chrome browser on your laptop (regardless of Windows or Mac).
- Select the three dots menu in the top right corner and look for the cast button.
- Click on the cast, and in the Dropdown Arrow, ⇒ select Cast Desktop
- Let it complete the search and select Vizio TV.
Now your laptop’s screen is automatically mirrored to the Vizio smart tv wirelessly.
If you own an Apple laptop running Mac, you don’t need Chromecast or any other mirroring device.
Furthermore, the Apple Airplay is not limited to Google Chrome or any other application. It means that you can stream anything and everything from your laptop on your Vizio smart tv wirelessly.
- First of all, make sure that your model of Vizio smart tv is compatible with Airplay.
- Go to the TV’s home page using the remote control and look for the Airplay icon at the top menu bar.
- Your Smart tv supports Airplay if you see the icon in the menu bar.
- Otherwise, you are not eligible to use the Airplay method. It would be best to try some other method stated here.
- Secondly, make sure that both the MacBook and Vizio TV are on the same WIFI network.
- On your laptop, turn on Bluetooth and click on the Airplay icon.
- It is present in the top right corner next to the WIFI and volume button.
- Otherwise, you can simply search for Airplay from the Spotlight.
- Once you activate Airplay on both the TV and MacBook, the MacBook starts searching for available devices.
- Finally, select Vizio smart tv from the device list, and the streaming will start instantly.
This method is even compatible with IOS devices like iPhone and iPad.
What if I tell you that now you can connect to the HDMI port wirelessly using a straightforward method. It is more convenient as it lets you use the laptop from any distance and is very easy to set up.
The only thing you need for a wireless HDMI is:
- A wireless HDMI device: the J-Tech Digital Wireless HDMI Dongle is the best wireless HDMI device available on Amazon:
- I personally use this device in both my home and office. It provides the highest 1080P display on my LED TV with a fantastic sound.
- The J-Tech wireless HDMI is compatible with both Windows and Macintosh machines and comes at a reasonable price.
- Finally, it allows you to connect from as far as 100 feet with consistent performance regardless of your distance from the device.
Now that you have the device, let’s get started with the wireless HDMI connection:
- Connect the HDMI input device to the HDMI port of your laptop.
- Connect the IR blaster to the input device and also the power cord.
- Make sure that the room is safe from external obstacles such as glass or other wireless devices.
- Next, connect the HDMI output device to the Vizio smart tv’s HDMI port.
- Plug in the power cable and also the IR receiver cable to the output device.
- That’s all you need for the one-time connection setup. From now on, whenever you need to use the HDMI connection:
- From the LED’s source menu, select HDMI 1 or 2.
- From the laptop, select the HDMI port as the output device.
Gamers and streamers can just never get enough when it comes to screen size. Most of the time, you will use your PC or laptop for gaming and watching your favorite movies. So, it would be better if you could combine your laptop’s top-notch performance with the HD display of your home TV. So, how to connect your laptop to Vizio? This article explains it all.
VIZIO – Best Sellers
No products found.
Why is streaming to TV not working properly?
There are several reasons why wireless streaming to a TV may not be smooth. Some common issues include:
1- Network congestion: If there are a lot of devices connected to the same network, it can cause slowdowns and interference, which can affect the quality of the streaming experience.
2- Signal strength: If the signal strength is weak, it can cause buffering and other issues with streaming.
3- Device compatibility: If the device you’re using to stream (e.g., a smartphone or tablet) is not compatible with the TV or the streaming app, it can cause issues with the streaming experience.
4- Internet connection: A slow or unreliable internet connection can cause buffering and other issues with streaming.
How do you improve steaming to TV quality?
There are several ways you can try to improve the streaming experience:
1- Make sure your network is as fast and reliable as possible. Consider upgrading your router or internet service if necessary.
2- Move the device you’re using to stream closer to the router to improve the signal strength.
3- Make sure your device is compatible with the TV and the streaming app you’re using.
4- Close other apps and devices that may be using bandwidth on your network.
5- Restart your router and devices to clear any temporary issues.
6- Try using a wired connection instead of a wireless one if possible, as this can often provide a more stable and faster connection.
7- If you’re using a streaming device (e.g., a Roku or Apple TV), make sure it’s up to date with the latest software.
Can I cast from my laptop to my Vizio Smart TV wirelessly?
Many Vizio Smart TV models come with a built-in Chromecast. You can use it to wirelessly connect with your Google Chrome web browser on your laptop.
Can I use Miracast or Steam-link with Vizio?
Miracast is an alternative to Google Chromecast. It allows you to connect wirelessly to all platforms, including Windows, Android, IOS, and Mac. The Vizio smart TV is compatible with both Miracast and Steam-link. However, you are required to set it up before using it manually.
Do all Vizio TVs have SmartCast?
According to the Vizio official website, all Vizio smart TVs released after 2018 come with built-in SmartCast functionality. SmartCast is a powerful combination of Google Chromecast and Apple Airplay.
Does Vizio TV have Bluetooth?
Yes, all Vizio TVs have Bluetooth. However, the Vizio Smart TVs only support Bluetooth LE(Low-Energy beam). It means that you can only use Bluetooth for pairing assistance and not for file-sharing.
How do I know if my Vizio TV has SmartCast?
On all SmartCast compatible devices, the SmartCast logo appears next to the Chromecast logo in the first banner.
Last update on 2023-07-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIGaming techies is supported by it's awesome community, using the amazon affiliate links on our website helps keeps the lights on! at no additional cost to you.