Least Quiet Mechanical Keyboard Switches – Top 4 Picks
Mechanical keyboards have been growing in popularity for the past few years, and good reason. They offer a more responsive and tactile typing experience than traditional keyboards. But not all mechanical switches are created equal. Some are louder than others, which can be disruptive in shared workspaces or home offices. Read about our top picks if you’re looking for a least quiet mechanical keyboard switches.
- 1. Gateron KS-9 Mechanical Switches
- 2. Kailh Speed MX 3 Pin RGB Switches
- 3. OUTEMU (Gaote) Red Switches
- 4. Cherry MX Blue Keyswitch
Least Quiet Mechanical Keyboard Switches – Summary
|Gateron KS-9||SEE ON AMAZON|
|Kailh Speed MX 3||SEE ON AMAZON|
|OUTEMU (Gaote)||SEE ON AMAZON|
|Cherry MX Blue||SEE ON AMAZON|
Least Quiet Mechanical Keyboard Switches at a Glance
Least Quiet Mechanical Keyboard Switches Reviews
1. Gateron KS-9 Mechanical Switches
SPECIFICATIONS Gateron KS-9 Mechanical Switches
Brand: Gateron | Switch Type: Pushbutton Switch | Material: Cherry | Mounting Type: Plate Mount | International Protection Rating: IP54 | Color: Silent Brown
REASONS TO BUY Gateron KS-9 Mechanical Switches
✓ The lifespan of 50 million clicks
✓ Wide selection of styles.
✓ Inadequate trigger travel distance.
REASONS TO AVOID Gateron KS-9 Mechanical Switches
✗ A bit Expensive
- SMOOTH – Gateron Switches are a favorite among enthusiasts for their smooth and satisfying typing experience as well as their lightning-fast gaming performance. They are available in 10 PCS, 65 PCS, 90 PCS and 120 PCS making them the ideal fit for 60%, TKL and full size keyboards.
- GATERON SILENT BROWN – Tactile Switches have a small bump on each keystroke with a moderate noise level. The Silent Brown Switches have 4mm of total travel, an actuation force of 55g and are extra quiet. The sound level and feeling make these an ideal switch in the office.
- TRANSPARENT – The clear design is SMD compatible and lets light shine through the switch making them perfect for RGB LED keyboards.
- DURABLE – Gateron KS-9 Switches have a lifetime rating of 50 million keystrokes, making them extremely durable and reliable.
- COMPATIBILITY – The plate-mounted mechanical switches are compatible with Cherry-Style Hotswap Keyboards such as Cherry MX, Kailh, Otemu and other mechanical Gateron Switches. The Gateron Switch is based on a 3 Pin PCB Design which is also compatible with 5 Pin PCB hotswappable Keyboards.
Featuring a 55g actuation force and super tactile, crisp response, these high-quality plate-mounted mechanical switches are perfect for any keyboard. Plus, with their SMD 3-pin RGB design, they’re ideal for backlit keyboards.
2. Kailh Speed MX 3 Pin RGB Switches
SPECIFICATIONS Kailh Speed MX 3 Pin RGB Switches
Brand: KAILH | Special Feature: Travel | Color: Pro Light Green | Operating System: Windows 10
REASONS TO BUY Kailh Speed MX 3 Pin RGB Switches
✓ Short trigger travel.
✓ 3-pin key-switch.
✓ Great customer service.
✓ Long click life of 80 million.
REASONS TO AVOID Kailh Speed MX 3 Pin RGB Switches
✗ The pins are thin
- The Pro Switches have an operating travel of about 1.6-1.7mm and an operating force of 50g.
- These are completely different from the Speed switches in terms of their stems
- The burgundy feels smooth and has a slight curve to it when starting out.
- The purple feels really nice. The bump is decently strong and smooth. It feels comparable to a Zealio 65g.
- The light green is more comparable to a Cherry Blue click. Its consistent and feels pretty nice.
Kailh mechanical switches have recently gained popularity primarily because of their excellent handling performance, durability, and reliability. Kailh Speed Gold Silver Copper Bronze Pink Pro Purple Green Burgundy RGB Switches come with various features, such as LED lights for keyboard backlighting. Apart from this, they also provide tactile feedback when a user’s fingertips press down.
3. OUTEMU (Gaote) Red Switches
SPECIFICATIONS OUTEMU (Gaote) Red Switches
Brand: Outemu | Operation Mode: ON-OFF | Connector Type: Clamp | Switch Type: Pushbutton Switch | Terminal: Through Hole
REASONS TO BUY OUTEMU (Gaote) Red Switches
✓ Buttery smooth
✓ Short trigger travel
✓ Long click life of 50 million
✓ Low actuation force
REASONS TO AVOID OUTEMU (Gaote) Red Switches
✗ Some of the most dedicated gamers may find it too soft.
- Compatibility: Suitable for E-Element E-Yoooso Z-88 Z-77, Redragon Series and other Cherry MX Compatible Keyboard.Designed to allow you to change your key switches without the hassle of soldering. This caters to anyone who uses their keyboard for multiple purposes. Compatible with MechanicalEagle, Eagletec,Redragon, Huo ji , E-Yooso and all other standard mechanical keyboards. Equivalent with Cherry MX Switches. Packed in a Transparent Storage Box.
- Black Switch Suitable groups:pure professional gamers Mechanical touch: linear, soft tactile, click tactile Key sound:no sense of the paragraph, the sound slightly Pressure grams: 80 Click life 50 million operations Trigger travel: 1.5mm.
- Red Switch Suitable groups: Game players Mechanical touch: linear, soft tactile, click tactile Key sound: the sound slightly Pressure grams: 60 Click life 50 million operations Trigger travel: 2 mm.
- Brown Switch Suitable groups: Compatible games and Office Mechanical touch: two-stage, sense of the paragraph Key sound: the sound slightly Pressure grams: 40 Click life:50 million operations Trigger travel: 2.0mm.
- Blue Switch Suitable groups: Compatible games and Office Mechanical touch: two-stage, sense of the paragraph Key sound:crisp sound, strong sense of the paragraph Pressure grams: 60 Click life:40 million operations Trigger travel: 2.4mm.
The OUTEMU (Gaote) Red Switches are high-quality mechanical keyboard switches that offer a smooth feel with exceptional feedback. These switches feature 3 pins, making them easy to install in your mechanical keyboard. Whether you’re a gamer or an enthusiast, these switches are ideal for any application.
4. Cherry MX Blue Keyswitch
SPECIFICATIONS Cherry MX Blue Keyswitch
Brand: Cherry | Wattage: 1 watt | Light Color: Blue | Size: 10 Count (Pack of 1)
REASONS TO BUY Cherry MX Blue Keyswitch
✓ High quality material
REASONS TO AVOID Cherry MX Blue Keyswitch
✗ loud sound
Cherry’s MX Blue switch is a loud and tactile clicky switch, making it desirable for some users looking to make an auditory statement with each keypress. With a 50 CN actuation force and 4 mm total travel distance (actuating at 2 mm), the MX Blue is one of the highest-quality Cherry mechanisms available.
To choose a set of mechanical key switches that is both silent and reliable, it is essential to learn about the many types of mechanical key switches and what their various specifications imply. There are many alternatives, but the ones we highlighted in this review are among the best, if not the best, currently available.
What can you do to reduce the noise of your mechanical keyboards further?
Lubricating the key switches is always an option, although it may take some time, depending on the arrangement of your keyboard and workspace.
Why does sound matter?
Using a keyboard with loud key switches might be distracting to those around you. Therefore, membrane or silent keyboards are a better option. It would be best if you stayed away from Cherry MX Reds and other ultra-tactile switches.
Last update on 2023-05-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIGaming techies is supported by it's awesome community, using the amazon affiliate links on our website helps keeps the lights on! at no additional cost to you.