Logitech Gaming Software Not Detecting Mouse – FIXED
Logitech is a leading manufacturer of gaming accessories, especially gaming mice, keyboards, and headphones. In terms of DPI, no other mouse can beat the consistency and accuracy of Logitech products.
Logitech gaming mouse comes with stable software support. You can control the various features of your mouse, including cursor speed, icon, and even the RGBs of the mouse using Logitech Gaming Software. However, sometimes you may encounter issues like Logitech Gaming Software Not Detecting Mouse on your computer.
This issue is produced due to a number of reasons. Fortunately, there is a fix for every Logitech mouse problem. The nature of solutions ranges from simple to complex. In this article, I will provide all the possible solutions for your mouse detection errors in the most straightforward way possible.
Logitech Hardware Issues
Let’s start with simple solutions. Usually, the hardware fixes 90% of detection problems. I recommend that you should start with these simple fixes before moving towards more complex software fixes.
Check the Connection
Logitech mice are available in both wired and wireless variants. However, all devices require an active connection to your PC through the USB port. Sometimes, the device is not detected due to improper hardware connection.
- You can check for a connection problem using one of these methods:
- Unplug the USB input from your computer or laptop and reinstall it again.
- Try using a different USB port for connecting your mouse.
- Try plugging a different device in the same USB port.
- Finally, try connecting the mouse to another laptop or PC.
- If the mouse starts working in any of these cases, it is a connection problem. You can use the following method for the fix:
- Try blowing off some compressed air in the PC’s USB port to clear any debris.
- If the mouse starts working in another USB port, it is a case of a faulty USB port.
- It would be best to avoid using any other device on that particular USB port.
- If the mouse doesn’t work even in the other system, the mouse is the culprit here.
Mouse Hardware Issue
The hardware issue in the mouse is usually due to two reasons. The first is that the mouse is not clean or the USB cable is damaged. Secondly, the batteries of your wireless mouse may be dead.
- Take out the USB wire from the port and check for any rust or debris.
- Use a Q-tip dipped in rubbing alcohol to clear the rust or debris from the device.
- Similarly, you can use a Phillips head screwdriver to open the mouse and thoroughly clean it from the inside using rubbing alcohol.
- Let it dry for at least three hours before retrying the connection.
- In the case of a wireless mouse, make sure it is charged – well, or replace the batteries with new ones.
Logitech Software Issues
Logitech support software is very stable and seldomly faces any issues. However, sometimes the software won’t detect your hardware due to several reasons. If the hardware solution didn’t fix the mouse, there is still hope from the software fix.
- Unplug the mouse and wait for 15 seconds for any sound from the PC.
- Similarly, insert the mouse cable in another USB port and wait for one minute for any signs of detection.
- Check if you get an unrecognized device error in Windows.
- Try using the mouse on another laptop or PC to see if it works.
There are several software fixes for the Logitech detection errors. These solutions range from mild to complex in nature. I suggest you start with the more obvious mild solutions before diving into complexities.
Windows relies on pre-loaded drivers for detection and functionality. Sometimes the Windows gets confused between connected hardware and stops responding properly. The best way to remove such confusion is to connect the mouse and wait for the detection or any error message. Now restart the computer by pressing Alt + F4 and selecting restart from the drop-down menu. Hopefully, restarting your PC will fix any driver confusion.
Logitech provides different drivers for their devices. The functionality of the hardware is enhanced by using the appropriate driver for your device. I suggest that you should only use drivers downloaded from the official Logitech website.
- Open the control panel by pressing the windows button and typing the control panel.
- The view option on the top right corner of the screen should be set to categories for the sake of simplicity.
- Click on Uninstall a program written in blue under the Programs and Features category.
- Search for all Logitech software related to your mouse.
- Click on the software once and select uninstall and remove the software.
- Uninstall all software from your PC one by one.
- Restart the computer using the method above.
- Use registry cleaning software such as CCleaner to clean the registry entries.
- Open device manager by right-clicking on This PC, expand the Mice and pointing devices category, and uninstall the Logitech driver.
- Make sure to select the “also delete the driver software” option.
- Again restart your PC.
Reinstall the Software
- Now that you have erased all signs of Logitech mouse software from the PC, it is time to reinstall.
- Connect the mouse to your PC and wait for the detection sound.
- Visit the official Logitech website and download the appropriate software suite for your mouse.
- Right-click on the downloaded file and select “Run as Administrator.” Click yes.
- Follow the screen instructions to install the software.
- Please make sure to check the install driver option during installation.
- When the installation is finished, you will be prompted to restart your PC.
- Otherwise, restart your PC manually using the procedure discussed above.
- The mouse will start working after the restart.
However, if the mouse still doesn’t respond after all these fixes, you have a broken mouse, and it’s time to replace it with a new one. I recommend that you should check out the Logitech G502 gaming mouse.
Logitech produces some of the best gaming accessories in the market. However, the Logitech mouse sometimes faces detection issues due to either hardware or software issues. In this article, I have provided a complete step-by-step tutorial on how you can fix Logitech Gaming Software Not Detecting Mouse error.
Logitech Gaming Mouse – Best Sellers
- Hero 25K sensor through a software update from G HUB, this upgrade is free to all players: Our most advanced, with 1:1 tracking, 400-plus ips, and 100 – 25,600 max dpi sensitivity plus zero smoothing, filtering, or acceleration
- 11 customizable buttons and onboard memory: Assign custom commands to the buttons and save up to five ready to play profiles directly to the mouse
- Adjustable weight system: Arrange up to five removable 3.6 grams weights inside the mouse for personalized weight and balance tuning
- Made with and for Pro Gamers: G Pro Wireless Gaming Mouse is the result of two years of work with professional esports gamers, combing advanced technologies in an ultra-lightweight design
- Light-speed Wireless: Pro grade performance overcomes the traditional limitations of wireless latency, connectivity and power to deliver a rock solid, super-fast 1 millisecond report rate connection
- Hero 25K sensor through a software update from G HUB, this upgrade is free to all players: Logitech’s most accurate sensor yet with up to 25,600 DPI and 10X the power efficiency of previous generation for the ultimate in wireless gaming speed, accuracy and responsiveness. Microprocessor: 32-bit ARM
- HERO Gaming Sensor: Next-gen HERO mouse sensor delivers up to 10x the power efficiency over other gaming mice with exceptional accuracy and responsiveness thanks to 400 IPS precision and up to 12000 DPI sensitivity
- LIGHTSPEED Wireless: Ultra-fast LIGHTSPEED Wireless technology gives you a lag-free gaming experience. The G305 wireless gaming mouse delivers incredible responsiveness and reliability with a super-fast 1ms report rate for competition-level performance. Mechanical Button Tensioning System
- Ultra-Long Battery Life: The G305 wireless Logitech mouse boasts an incredible 250 hours of continuous gameplay on a single AA battery so you can play at peak performance without worrying about running out of power
How much battery does Logitech G502 have?
Logitech G502 usually lasts for up to 60-hours of continuous usage before requiring a recharge.
What is DPI?
DPI stands for DOTS PER INCH. It refers to the number of pixels that the cursor covers when the mouse is moved one inch.
What is the best Logitech wireless mouse?
Logitech G502 is currently the best wireless gaming mouse of 2021. It offers the highest DPI in the market, lighter weight, and long-lasting battery time.
Last update on 2023-05-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIGaming techies is supported by it's awesome community, using the amazon affiliate links on our website helps keeps the lights on! at no additional cost to you.