What are the components for the Ultimate Gaming PC Build 2023
Are you looking for the Rolls Royce spec’d Gaming Computer? Do you want to have your graphics level set to Ultra? If so, you probably know that several critical components plays a part in that let’s break it down:
- Ultimate Gaming CPU
- Ultimate Gaming Motherboard
- Ultimate Gaming DDR5 RAM
- Ultimate Gaming VGA (Graphics Card)
- Ultimate Gaming PC Build Supporting Components
- Ultimate Gaming PC Build – Gaming Monitor
- Final Words:
Ultimate Gaming CPU
Every Rolls-Royce Gaming Computer needs an impeccable engine, therefore we will need a reliable, extreme performance, best spec’d CPU in the market. Since we’re allowed to dream here and budget is no concern, below you can find the king of the hill in CPU’s for 2023
Intel Core i9-13900KS
“Intel Core i9-13900KS Becomes The First CPU To Achieve 9 GHz Frequency World Record” ASUS sets new World Record, pushes Intel Core i9-13900K to 9.008 GHz with ROG Maximus Z790 Apex. Setting the new high in its battle with AMD, Intel comes on top awaiting the release of AMD’s upcoming processors line in 2023.
Why Core i9-13900KS? TL;DR Version:
- The Intel Core i9-13900KS is a desktop processor with 24 cores that is expected to launch in 2023.
- It uses the Raptor Lake architecture with Socket 1700 and has 36MB of L3 cache.
- The processor has a default clock speed of 3.2 GHz and can boost up to 6 GHz depending on the workload.
- It is being produced using a 10 nm production node, but the transistor count is unknown.
- The Core i9-13900KS has an unlocked multiplier, which makes it easy to overclock.
- It has a TDP of 150 W and requires good cooling.
- It supports DDR4 and DDR5 memory with a dual-channel interface, as well as ECC memory.
- It uses a PCI-Express Gen 5 connection for communication with other system components.
- It has an integrated UHD Graphics 770 solution.
- It supports hardware virtualization and IOMMU virtualization, as well as AVX and AVX2 but not AVX-512.
- It has the same configuration as the existing Core i9-13900K, with 24 cores and 32 threads, but with improved clock speeds of up to 6 GHz.
- Early benchmarks show that the Core i9-13900KS may not be significantly faster than the Core i9-13900K.
- The Core i9-13900KS outperforms the Core i9-12900KS and Core i9-12900K by 11.4% and 16.6% in single-core performance, and by 40.4% and 54.5% in multi-core performance.
- Intel is aiming to reclaim the title of the fastest gaming processor with the Core i9-13900KS, but it may face competition from AMD’s rumored Ryzen 7000 3D V-Cache chips in 2023.
Expected price will be in the range of $550-$600 USD.
Ultimate Gaming Motherboard
Every Solid Super luxury car needs a reliable, sturdy, and well built chassis. That is why the motherboard is second on our list of most critical components to consider with different CPU architecture in the market it is imperative you look for the most compatible and reliable boards.
ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Apex
ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Apex, 100% compatible with our choice of CPU. the best part, its not in the top10 most expensive motherboards! yet we have rated it as our preferred chassis for our Gaming Rolls-Royce. Having contributed to the overclocking world record alongside our recommended CPU, we thought its best to pair them, below are some of the features of this monster of a motherboard:
Why the Z790 APEX? TL;DR Version:
- Intel LGA 1700 socket: Ready for 12th&13th Gen Intel Core processors and Windows 11, support PCIe 5.0 and DDR5
- Intelligent Control: ASUS-exclusive tools including AI Overclocking, AI Cooling, AI Networking and Two-Way AI Noise-Cancelation for easy configuration
- Robust Power Solution: 24+0 teamed power stages rated for 105 A, ProCool II power connectors, Micro Fine alloy chokes and premium metallic capacitors
- Optimized Thermal Design: Enlarged VRM heatsinks plus integrated aluminium I/O cover, high-conductivity thermal pad, dual M.2 heatsinks with embedded backplates and ROG Water-Cooling Zone
- High Performance Networking: Onboard Wi-Fi 6E, Intel 2.5Gb Ethernet, and ASUS LAN Guard.
- Fastest Gaming Connectivity: PCIe 5.0, 5x M.2, PCIe 5.0 Hyper M.2 card with Gen 5 M.2 support, USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 front-panel connector with Quick Charge 4+ Support
- Industry Leading Audio: ROG Supreme ALC4080 codec with Savitech SV3H712 amplifier for high-fidelity audio
Related: Updated Bios Setting for Gaming
Ultimate Gaming DDR5 RAM
Every Super car needs some reliable, robust and efficient wheels. Those wheels needs to be able to provide the right traction, grip on the right corners and system integrity on those high-speed straights in our imaginary race! Thus we have opt-ed for the newly released DDR5 Rams
G.Skill Trident Z5
The G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB Series is a high-performance memory kit designed specifically for use with Intel Z690 and newer CPUs. This 64GB kit includes two 32GB modules and operates at DDR5-6000 with a CAS Latency of CL32 (32-38-38-96) at a voltage of 1.40V. It is a non-ECC kit, intended for use in dual channel configurations and suitable for both high performance and gaming applications. The XMP 3.0 profile support allows the memory to reach its rated overclock speed, or it can run at the default JEDEC profile speed. The rated XMP frequency and stability will depend on the capabilities of the motherboard and CPU. This is why we chose the perfect pairing of the i9 and Asus Motherboard.
Why DDR5? TL;DR Version:
- DDR5 is a new memory standard that promises higher levels of bandwidth for processors with multiple cores.
- DDR5 supports denser memory chips, with the capability to use up to 64-gigabit chips and potentially reach 2TB per module in servers with LRDIMMs.
- DDR5 data rates range from DDR5-3200 to DDR5-6400, but mainstream DDR5 products are expected to start at DDR5-4800.
- DDR5 has the same number of pins as DDR4, but the pinouts are different and the notch position has been changed to prevent incorrect insertion.
- DDR5 has two independent 32-bit channels and a burst length of 16 bytes, improving efficiency and reducing data access latency.
- DDR5 operates at a lower voltage of 1.1V, but is expected to increase in voltage for higher performance.
- DDR5 introduces a power management IC on the memory modules, rather than relying on the motherboard for voltage regulation.
- DDR5 has improved error correction capabilities and adds a data bus inversion feature to reduce signal noise.
- DDR5 is expected to be more expensive than DDR4 due to the additional features and higher performance.
- It is unclear at this time how DDR5 will compare to DDR4 in terms of overall performance and whether it will fully replace DDR4 in the market.
We have chosen the 32×2 64 GB kit, because it is the maximum our chosen motherboard will support and because at this stage we do not want to risk blowing our car up with an overkill.
Ultimate Gaming VGA (Graphics Card)
Spent a good hour thinking of an analogy to the graphics cards that would fit nicely into our Rolls-Royce build, and I could not find a fitting one so I will go with the transmission (bo-ho), so we come to the hardest part graphics card now a days are extremely difficult to get at MSRP price, but recently with the fall in crypto mining, we have started to see more graphics cards on the shelf… which means now we can build our ultimate gaming setup,
ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX® 4090
The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 is a high-performance graphics processing unit (GPU) designed for gaming, creating, and graphics technology. It features the NVIDIA Ada Lovelace architecture and comes with 24GB of G6X memory, delivering ultra-high performance and detailed virtual worlds. The GPU also has dedicated ray tracing cores for realistic and immersive graphics and uses AI-accelerated technology, including DLSS 3 and NVIDIA Reflex, to improve performance and responsiveness.
It is also equipped with tools for live streaming and AI-enhanced voice and video, as well as optimized drivers for both gaming and creative work. The GeForce RTX 4090 is capable of delivering significant performance improvements compared to the RTX 3090 Ti in games such as Microsoft Flight Simulator, Warhammer 40,000: Darktide, and Cyberpunk 2077.
Why Nvidia RTX 4090? TL;DR version
- The Ada Lovelace architecture provides ultra-high performance and detailed virtual worlds.
- The GPU has dedicated ray tracing cores for realistic and immersive graphics.
- It uses AI-accelerated technology, including DLSS 3 and NVIDIA Reflex, to improve performance and responsiveness.
- It is equipped with tools for live streaming and AI-enhanced voice and video.
- It has optimized drivers for both gaming and creative work.
- ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX® 4090 is pre-overclocked to deliver better performance from the standard 4090
Related: Best RTX 4090 Compatible Monitors
Ultimate Gaming PC Build Supporting Components
Thermaltake AH T200 – Ultimate PC Build Case
We have picked a sleek yet flamboyant design for our Super car body, most importantly we have chosen a design with additional airflow support to reduce the heat this engine is going to produce.
Why Thermaltake AH T200? TL;DR version:
- Two 5mm tempered glass panels and three 3mm small tempered glass windows highlight the helicopter design concept
- Ample space for PC components and cable management
- Patented rotational Dual GPU Placement Design PCI-E slots allows for vertical or horizontal display of graphic cards
- Dismantlable modular design allows for customization and easy installation of elements
- Open frame design ensures good airflow and low interior temperature
- Supports Mini ITX, Micro ATX, ATX, and E-ATX (up to 10.5″ wide) motherboards
- I/O Port includes Type-C, USB 3.0, USB 2.0, and HD Audio
- Outstanding expansion capabilities including a max CPU cooler height of 195mm, max VGA length of 300mm with water pump or 440mm without, and a max PSU length of 200mm
WD_BLACK SN850X – Ultimate PC Build Storage SSD
What are we going to call this one? Never mind, we have chosen Western digital for our SSD storage solution with NVME M.2 support a speed of 7000 MB/S.
Why WD_BLACK SN850X? TL;DR version:
- Insane speeds up to 7,300 MB/s for top-level performance and short load times
- Extremely low latency for fast graphics loading with minimal stutter and lag
- A range of capacities from 1TB to 4TB for ample storage space for large games
- Optional version of 1TB and 2TB drives with RGB lighting and heatsink for peak performance during intense gaming sessions
- Game Mode 2.0 features for enhanced PC performance, including load prediction for fast in-game loading
Asus ASUS ROG Ryujin II – Ultimate PC Build CPU Cooler
Radiator, Yes Radiator. This Awesome piece of engineering will go very well with the ROG board, will sync perfectly with the Aura RGB sync, and will keep your main engine cool.
Why Asus ASUS ROG Ryujin II? TL;DR version:
- 3.5″ color LCD display for real-time system stats and personalized animations via ASUS LIVEDASH software controls
- Seventh Gen Asetek pump delivers exceptional cooling and minimal noise with an operating range starting at 840 rpm
- Industrial-grade Noctua iPPC-2000 PWM radiator fans and software control via FanXpert reduces unnecessary noise while keeping your system cool
- Extensive Compatibility: Compatible with both Intel and AMD mainstream sockets. LGA1700, LGA1200, AM4, TR4/sTRX4 and more
- Patent pending embedded micro fan inside the pump housing to maximize cooling performance on the VRM and M.2.Aura Sync addressable RGB lighting features a nearly endless spectrum of colors with the ability to synchronize effects across an ever-expanding ecosystem of Aura Sync-enabled products.Aluminum pump cover and reinforced, sleeved tubing ensure high durability
Related: How to keep your GPU cool
Ultimate Gaming PC PSU ASUS ROG Thor 1000W
Looking into PSU (Power Supply units), for this beast we need to account for current setup wattage and the potential to expand on this setup whether with hardware or with Overclocking this machine. So we opt ‘ed for a 1000 Watt, 80+ Platinum, Lambda A++ Certified.
The model we chose is ASUS ROG Thor 1000W Platinum II EVA Limited Edition, 1000W ATX 12V 80 PLUS PLATINUM Certified Full Modular Power Supply, ROG-THOR-1000P2-EVA, EVA Power Supply (PSU)
Why ASUS ROG Thor 1000W Platinum II? TL;DR version:
- Lambda A++ Certification confirms the latest Thor wields menacing power in absolute stealth.
- ROG heatsinks cover critical components, delivering lower temperatures and reduced noise.
- A 135mm Axial-tech fan with PWM control delivers lower noise and keeps thermals in check.
- Built with 100% Japanese capacitors and other premium components to achieve 80 Plus Platinum Certification.
- OLED display monitors power draw in real time.
- AC Input Range: 100-240Vac
Ultimate Gaming PC Build – Gaming Monitor
Gaming techies, is specialized with reviewing Gaming monitors, we even made a Gaming monitor selector tool to help anyone buying a monitor figure out the best possible model, you can check it out by going to Gaming Monitor Selector Tool
Are you ready for the ultimate gaming experience? Look no further than the XENEON FLEX 45WQHD240 OLED Gaming Monitor! This bad boy is the first of its kind – a 45″ 21:9 bendable OLED gaming monitor that’ll blow your mind with its W-OLED technology and 240hz refresh rate. And the best part? it’s up for pre-order soon.
CORSAIR XENEON FLEX OLED Gaming Monitor
The CORSAIR XENEON FLEX 45WQHD240 OLED Gaming Monitor is set to revolutionize the world of gaming and content creation. Created in partnership with OLED innovator LG Display, this 45″ 21:9 bendable OLED monitor boasts state-of-the-art W-OLED technology that delivers stunning image quality and a cinematic display experience. Whether you’re a gamer, content creator, or general user, there’s something for everyone with the XENEON FLEX 45.
For gamers, the 240hz refresh rate and ultra-low response times of the XENEON FLEX 45 make it a dream come true. With a 0.03ms GtG response time and a near-instantaneous 0.01ms Pixel on/off time, motion blur is all but eliminated, resulting in smooth and clear gameplay.
Why Xeneon Flex? TL;DR version:
- The XENEON FLEX 45WQHD240 OLED Gaming Monitor is a 45″ bendable OLED gaming monitor with W-OLED technology and a 240hz refresh rate.
- The monitor has a 0.03ms GtG response time and a 0.01ms pixel on/off time, resulting in smooth and clear gameplay.
- It is compatible with NVIDIA G-SYNC and AMD FreeSync Premium, which eliminates screen tearing and stuttering.
- The 45″ 3440×1440 display has a 21:9 aspect ratio, peak brightness of 1000nit, a wide color gamut, and a 1,500,000:1 contrast ratio.
- The monitor can be bent from fully flat to up to 800R curvature, allowing users to customize the shape to their preference.
- It comes with a comprehensive three-year warranty, including a zero dead-pixel guarantee and a zero burn-in guarantee.
- The XENEON FLEX 45 is suitable for gamers, content creators, and general users.
Related: Our Full Review on XENEON FLEX OLED
The above list covers all the essentials for a state-of-the-art Rolls Royce super car… gaming computer, unbranded the cost of this setup compete with the biggest brand in terms of cost vs. performance. similar or lowers spec’d branded PC from ROG or Alienware will come at a higher cost due to the “brand”, when assembled, the above build will exceed any computer performance in the market and will come at a competitive price.
As you are aware, gaming techies is supported by its awesome community and we use referral and affiliate links to support delivering more valuable content to our audience. and we would appreciate your support using our links. we have consolidated all the above (available) parts in a clear table below with out links. we thank you for you continuous support.
No products found.
Below is an alternative build with a slightly lower budget, at a slightly reduced performance specifications
Last update on 2023-07-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising APIGaming techies is supported by it's awesome community, using the amazon affiliate links on our website helps keeps the lights on! at no additional cost to you.